Friday, October 21, 2016

Small Business Midpoint Reflection

It is now officially the half-way point in the semester and I am very happy about the progress I've made with developing my business. I've not only learned so much about starting a business, but about myself. Before the year started if you had told me that I'd come up with a product idea that I would actually enjoy working on and other people would consider buying I would not believe you. In the last couple of weeks I've come up with HydrationSmart as a tentative name for my business and have come up with an idea on how to make the technology of the SmartBottle work. I've also started designing my minimal viable product (MVP), which is a website and blog. The website will present information about all the HydrationSmart products as well as allow people to subscribe to an email list, so they can keep up to date with the SmartBottle's progress. This next week I'd like to continue developing my website and contact the alumni office at Flint Hill as well as my mother's alma mater and the school I attended for my first two years of high school, Emma Willard to get into contact with some engineers. Since I have an idea for how I'd like the SmartBottle to track individuals water intake, I'd like to see if my idea is feasible and cost efficient. In a perfect world I'd also love to come up with a basic 3D printed version of the SmartBottle before our final pitch.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your personal and entrepreneurial progress, Sarah! You are doing a fantastic job.