Sunday, October 23, 2016

Midpoint Reflection- Stumfort

As we reach the halfway point, I believe I have learned a lot about the process of creating a start-up business through my endeavors with Stumfort. Tasks such as the elevator pitch, the business canvas, and the overall level of planning that my group and I have put into the company have all taught me lessons of perseverance and innovation. We have currently created a Twitter, a company gmail account, and a logo; our next steps are going to be marketing our product and getting our MVP (a prototype of a Stumfort product) set up.

I believe that Simon Sinek's Ted talk on creating the "why" of a business is definitely the direction the business needs to head in. We need to figure out why we do what we do. I think that the "what" and "how" are covered (we know what we make, and we know how we're roughly going to do it), but I think that crafting a nice mission or vision statement as to why Stumfort is creating these fashion products is something we as a group need to work on.

We're going to visit a thrift store after school in the next week in order to collect materials to create a prototype. Once the prototype is built, we can consider different avenues of marketing the good.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've summarized the work your team has done well and considered the philosophical positioning of the company. Do you have any personal goals in mind as you head into the second half of this project? Any individual challenges or risks you are looking to take?