Monday, September 26, 2016

The Beginnings of a Smart Bottle

This week I started the research process for my business idea, a smart bottle that will track your water intake throughout the day. Since there are already a couple of companies selling these kinds of bottles my main goal is to make something more affordable and appealing. But before I do that I'll have to research the competitors businesses, such as manufacturing costs and profits. I'm currently struggling to find this information, but I'm not giving up yet!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't be afraid to ask anyone anything! The worst they can do is refuse to answer your questions.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea! :D

Anonymous said...

How much do the already existing water bottles cost? And how much cheaper do you think your water bottles would cost in comparison? I think it's a really fun and useful idea!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea to make them more affordable and appealing. Do you have any idea of how you would make the water bottle more appealing?

Anonymous said...

As somebody who carries a water bottle around all day and casually tries to keep track of how much he drinks, this sounds like a great idea! My suggestion, however, is to consider the material that the bottle is made out of. Although plastic bottles are popular, public concerns about things like bpa - even in bpa-free plastics - might impact you in some way. Plus, plastic can change the taste of water. Glass is more fragile, but doesn't carry the same stigma and (in my experience, anyway) doesn't change the taste of the water nearly as much as plastic or metal. That said - plastic may be a better option since it's more affordable. Whatever option you choose, good luck!

Anonymous said...

There are a bunch of bottles that already do this, so I think the next step is going to be really defining your niche.

Anonymous said...

Would this bottle be water proof?