Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Start-up Brandon Lessard

For the first blog post of the start-up business class, I want to talk about what my goals are. For the most part I don't have any raging fear that my business will fail or any uncontrollable emotions about building a start up. I feel confident enough that (my team and) I will be able to work out all the problems that our business runs into. What I'm really looking for during this process is to expand my outlook on things. I am not just talking about business ideas though. Today in class we listened to a podcast interview of Sara Blakely, the owner and founder of Spanx. What struck me about what she talked about is that she went from manufacturer to manufacturer in order to push her product. She made in-person business trips and was hands on during the entire initial phases. She figured everything out herself: the how, the where, the who, and the what, she didn't ask for a step-by-step guide to starting up your own business. That is what I want to figure out for myself through this process. I don't want to confine myself to thinking that a process has to be done in a particular way. I want to explore how I can get the job done by myself.



http://tinyurl.com/johfwck

No comments: